Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Sparna Took

Hobbit of the Shire, Treasure Hunter
Born 2920

Too Many Paths to Thread: Since the beginning Hobbits have been known to be a peacefull people, having a strong love for farming, cooking and storytelling. I, Marmadas North-Took, am no exception to that. From a young age I helped my family in the bakery north of Tuckborough which was well known in the entire region. Daily deliveries were made to all of the corners of the Shire. Often i would accompany my father or brothers to deliver our goods. Bringing back all kind of news and tales from the Shire, and even some of beyond our borders. It was our family secret recipe, a precise mixture of herbs and spices, was the key to our success. Only a select few of us were thought by our grandmother. To know about herbs and their uses.

When i became 24 a contest issued from my father to the members of my family. The one that would bake him the best blueberry pie would become the next head of the family and bakery. Everyone only had one chance to stun and amaze him by perfecting even more our treasured recipe. Wanting to please my father and besting my kin I wandered the Shire and Bree-land in search of the herbs that would give the recipe that little extra. It took my 2 years, tons of failures and disappointments to finally find what I was looking for. Back in Tuckborough after my travels I baked the pie of pies. The one that would make me head of my family. Where others had failed i had succeeded. I was to take over our business on the age of 33.

After 2 months being back home I got road-sick. With stories of Bilbo Baggins spread wide I longed to be back on the road again. To seek out new places, possibilities. My family was outraged when I renounced my position. It was the hardest choice I had to make yet. On the morning I prepared to set out again my father gave me a freshly baked bread, a pouch of coins and a letter, to be opened if I were ever to see the Elves.

No comments:

Post a Comment